Posts Tagged ‘San Francisco’
United today introduced its first aircraft equipped with flat-bed seats in a revamped premium cabin, all-new interiors, personal on-demand entertainment, Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power and USB ports on its transcontinental p.s. Premium Service. The fully refreshed interior offers 28 flat-bed premium-cabin seats, 48 extra-legroom Economy Plus seats and 66 seats in United Economy.
Flight 651, the first flight with the completely new cabin experience, departed Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) this morning to New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
United offers p.s. service on all nonstop flights between New York Kennedy and Los Angeles, with 40 flights each way per week, and New York Kennedy and San Francisco (SFO), with 46 flights each way per week.
Upgraded Service and Amenities
Customers traveling on p.s. flights experience a higher level of service in the air and on the ground, including amenities usually reserved for long-haul international flights. The reconfigured p.s. aircraft will offer travelers:
New Seats: Customers in the premium cabin enjoy 180-degree flat-bed seats, which offers up to 6’4″ of sleeping space and more storage.
Inflight Entertainment: Customers throughout the aircraft have access to personal on-demand entertainment featuring a newly designed interactive touchscreen and more than 150 hours of programming. Individual monitors are 15.4″ in the premium cabin and 9″ in United Economy.
Inflight Dining: United gives premium-cabin customers several dining options and wine selections recommended by Doug Frost, United’s Master Sommelier and Master of Wine.
Inflight Connectivity: Customers throughout the aircraft can opt to stay connected with Gogo® inflight internet service. The aircraft also features power outlets and USB ports in every seat.
On the Ground Perks: Customers in the premium cabin and premier level MileagePlus® members have access to United Premier Access check-in and priority boarding lanes. Premium cabin customers also have access to United Club locations at New York Kennedy, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
In June, the company anticipates launching more reconfigured aircraft into service. The entire p.s. fleet is scheduled to be reconfigured by the end of 2013. Until the project is complete, the airline will operate a mix of aircraft on the p.s. routes.
United is committed to giving customers convenient travel options and the premium service they expect from the world’s leading airline.
- United, American match Delta fare hike | AirTicket.com (wilcoxtravel.com)
- Here’s how to beat system, save money on travel (suntimes.com)
- Cheap Airfare Travel Tips – by Auctions Hunters viewers (auctionshunter.wordpress.com)
- Spirit Airlines Takes Flight From DIA, Claims Low Fares (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Airfares With Benefits: Flights With Built-in Bonuses (flightcentre.co.nz)
- Saving Money Booking Airfares (auctionshunter.wordpress.com)
- AIRFARES WITH BENEFITS: FLIGHTS WITH BUILT-IN BONUSES – Flight Centre NZ (blogs-1a.fclmedia.com)
- Looking for low airfares? You’ll need some luck (cnn.com)
- Southwest Airlines Fares on Sale (suddenlyfrugal.com)