Posts Tagged ‘Airline’
We all like to travel and see new and exciting places. Some get to travel once a year, others travel monthly, weekly, or daily for their business.
We have 5 secrets of seasoned travelers that can save you big now on time and money!
- Fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday – Traveling on off-peak days and at off-peak times, means lower fares, changes are you will get a less crowded cabin, and a greater chance of snagging those elusive mileage awarded seats. For example, if you want to take two days off for a long weekend, you usually will go Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday. Save money by flying on a Saturday and returning on a Tuesday or going on a Wednesday and returning on a Saturday.
- Buy airline tickets midday on Tuesdays – Purchase a domestic ticket on a Tuesday between noon and 3PM. Airlines tend to announce fare sales on Monday nights, and other airlines match those sales on Tuesday morning. This means that by 3PM on the East Coast and 12 noon on the West Coast, the greatest number of sale tickets has hit the airline system.
- Stay over Sunday – Many hotels get Friday and Saturday night bookings from leisure travelers and Monday through Friday traffic from business travelers. This creates a void on Sunday nights which increases your chances of an upgrade. Instead of going for Friday and Saturday nights, book Saturday and Sunday or Sunday and Monday nights.
- Carry credit cards that earn you elite status – Play your travel rewards credit cards right and you will receive special rates and perks. Carry one airline branded card and one hotel branded card that help you attain and maintain elite status and make sure that at least one of those cards charges no foreign purchase fees.
- Book through Wilcox World Travel and an , – Our network sends more travelers to the leading airlines, hotels, rental car companies, cruise lines, Walt Disney Resorts, and Travel Service Representativeall-inclusive resorts around the world, than any other network. This translates to more perks for you the traveler. Perks come in the form of resort credits, complimentary meals, and/or free upgrades.
- Redeem your American Express Mileage Rewards with us – Yes, you can use your American Express Mileage Rewards with us and pay for portions of your travel expenses with those miles. For more details, click here
- Delta tests ‘basic economy’ fares on some flights (ajc.com)
- United Airlines Announces New Non-Stop Service from Denver to Tokyo | AirTicket.com (wilcoxtravel.com)
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Card from American Express Review (comparecards.com)
- Reports: American, creditors agree to explore merger options (wilcoxtravel.com)
- American Airlines agrees to study merger idea (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- American Airlines and its creditors to consider US Airways merger (star-telegram.com)
- American Airlines Said Ready to Explore Sale (wallstreetpit.com)
- AA agrees to study airline merger idea (txwclp.org)
- American Airlines agrees to study merger idea (sfgate.com)
- American Airlines agrees to study merger idea (kansascity.com)
- US Airways lines up union support for possible American Airlines merger (kansascity.com)
- Behind the Worker Revolt at American Airlines (businessweek.com)
- AMR unions ink deal with US Airways (ifenews.wordpress.com)
- United, American match Delta fare hike | AirTicket.com (wilcoxtravel.com)
- Here’s how to beat system, save money on travel (suntimes.com)
- Cheap Airfare Travel Tips – by Auctions Hunters viewers (auctionshunter.wordpress.com)
- Spirit Airlines Takes Flight From DIA, Claims Low Fares (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Airfares With Benefits: Flights With Built-in Bonuses (flightcentre.co.nz)
- Saving Money Booking Airfares (auctionshunter.wordpress.com)
- AIRFARES WITH BENEFITS: FLIGHTS WITH BUILT-IN BONUSES – Flight Centre NZ (blogs-1a.fclmedia.com)
- Looking for low airfares? You’ll need some luck (cnn.com)
- Southwest Airlines Fares on Sale (suddenlyfrugal.com)
- American Airlines to increase international flights under restructuring plan (star-telegram.com)
- Is American Airlines above the law? by Communications Workers of America (socialactions.net)
- Unions call on AMR board to support U.S. Air merger (news.yahoo.com)
- American Air aims to boost revenue by $1 billion (seattlepi.com)
- American Airlines plans to cut more jobs (click2houston.com)
- Why Free is a Bad Price, American Airlines Edition (wallstreetpit.com)
- The frequent flyer deal that was American Airlines’ worst nightmare (csmonitor.com)
- American Airlines cuts 1,200 more jobs, will outsource (bizjournals.com)
- American Tries To Take Back Unlimited Airfare (npr.org)
- New Worker Contract Could Save American Airlines (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- AMR reports decline in passenger traffic (star-telegram.com)
- Four Air Canada execs see pay boost (cbc.ca)
- American’s labor unions may end up worse off (finance.fortune.cnn.com)
- Airline Stocks: Virgin America Takes Time With IPO (fool.com)
- AMR Exec: ‘We Add Flights, We Add Revenue’ (thestreet.com)
- Spirit Airlines to Charge $100 for Carry-on Bags (fox8.com)
- Cathay Pacific to reduce costs, flags weak H1 (todayonline.com)
- Airline Stocks: Virgin America Takes Their Time With IPO (wire.kapitall.com)
- Will Delta Air Lines’ fare hike stick? (bizjournals.com)
- Delta Air Lines looking to buy an oil refinery (marketday.msnbc.msn.com)
- Southwest posts 1Q profit on special items (news.yahoo.com)
- Report: Delta clear favorite to buy oil refinery (bizjournals.com)
- Other Airlines Follow Southwest To Higher Fares (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Ticker: Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL) and the misguided reporter. (optionsanimal.com)
- Airlines Raise Fares Again; Hotels Rates Soar (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Delta Deal for Conoco Refinery Getting Closer (DAL, COP, JPM) (247wallst.com)
- U.S. airlines attempt first fare increase of 2012 (msnbc.msn.com)