No doubt you have heard the commercial from American Express that American Express card holders have exclusive benefits…well, this may be the best benefit of all, the American Express Membership Rewards® Pay With Points. Yes, that is right, you can now book your reservation with a Wilcox World Travel and Tours/American Express agent and pay, the deposit or make a payment or pay your balance with your American Express Membership Rewards® points.
Cruise and Vacation Travel
Don’t wait to take that vacation. There’s nothing holding you back. Use Membership Rewards ® Pay with Points to fly any airline, anytime with no seat restrictions or blackout dates. You can also book hotels, cruises and vacation packages. Use points to pay for your entire trip or a portion of it. And continue to earn points with your favorite frequent flyer and guest programs when you book. So go ahead. Membership Rewards points are always ready to travel.
Go right now, or whenever. Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to fly any airline, anytime with no seat restrictions or blackout dates. Use points to pay for all or part of your trip. Plus you can continue to earn miles with your favorite frequent flyer programs when you book. So get going. Membership Rewards points are always ready to travel.
To use Membership Rewards Pay with Points, you must charge travel with an enrolled Card at American Express Travel. Points will be debited from your program account and a credit for the corresponding dollar amount will be issued to the Card account you used. If the points redeemed do not cover the entire amount of the charge, the balance of the purchase price will remain on the enrolled American Express Card. Minimum redemption of 5,000 points. Membership Rewards program Terms and Conditions apply; see membershiprewards.com/terms.
Redeeming points is instant and straightforward. Here are just some of the benefits of using your points to pay for your travel:
- Book any airline or any supplier product. You can book any seat, in any class – even use your points to upgrade to business or first class.
- Earn frequent flyer points on eligible travel booked; when you use your Membership Rewards points to purchase air tickets you will earn frequent flyer points as long as you are enrolled in the applicable Frequent Flyer program – it’s just like paying with cash!
- You can use your points to purchase travel for anyone – ideal for Christmas for family and friends, or to reward your staff.
- There are no blackout periods – as long as there is availability you can book it!
- Use your points to pay for travel for anyone – family, friends and employee!
But Wait, There’s Much More
Pay With Points is only one of the fantastic benefits you get when you use your American Express card to book your travel. To view all your benefits, click the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions about American Express® Pay with Points:
1. What is American Express Membership Rewards® Pay with Points?
Pay with Points allows you to redeem your American Express® Membership Rewards® (MR) points for payment of any Cruise, Tour, or Air vacation. Be sure to ask your Wilcox World Travel and Tours/American Express Travel Representative agent that you wish to apply your Membership Rewards® points to your travel cost, give them the amount you want charged and card information and your agent will be able to successfully credit your purchase.
2. How often can I use Pay with Points?
American Express Cardholders can use the Pay with Points option as often as they travel, as long as they have points in the MR account to use.
3. Is there a minimum amount of points that a card holder is required to use?
Yes, 5,000 points is the minimum point deduction allowed.
4. What is the timeline for Pay with Points to reach my American Express® credit card?
The deduction and credit process to your account occurs after payment has been applied and the Agency Services desk (ASD) requests a point transfer. In most cases, the credit will be applied to the account within 7 days (often within 2 days). Depending on your card’s cycle, the application of the credit may carry over to the following cycle.
5. My American Express® card was issued in Canada– is it eligible for Pay with Points?
Only US issued cards are eligible for the Pay with Points option.
6. How many points will I need to reach a specific dollar amount?
There are different point-per-dollar ratios depending on the product you are using (air, tour, or cruise). When making a booking inquiry or reservation, your agent will be able to give you a definite conversion rate depending on the nature of your travel.
7. I know I can use Pay with Points for air, tour, and cruise, but what about hotel and car?
Only pre-paid vacations are eligible for Pay with Points. Since some car rental and some hotel stays are not pre-paid, they do not qualify for Pay with Points.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Membership Rewards® Pay with Points: To qualify, all your American Express® Card accounts must be in good standing. The Membership Rewards® program enrolled Card account you designate will be charged for your purchase. Membership Rewards® points will be debited from your program account and a credit will be issued to the Card account you designate for the corresponding dollar amount. If the points redeemed do not cover the entire amount of the charge, the balance of the purchase price will remain charged to the Card account you designate. Minimum redemption of 5,000 points. Permitted returns of Pay with Points redemptions that result in a credit on your Card account will result in a point deduction on your Membership Rewards program account. These points can be retrieved by calling the Membership Rewards program. Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program apply and are available at membershiprewards.com/terms.