We all like to travel and see new and exciting places. Some get to travel once a year, others travel monthly, weekly, or daily for their business.
We have 5 secrets of seasoned travelers that can save you big now on time and money!
- Fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday – Traveling on off-peak days and at off-peak times, means lower fares, changes are you will get a less crowded cabin, and a greater chance of snagging those elusive mileage awarded seats. For example, if you want to take two days off for a long weekend, you usually will go Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday. Save money by flying on a Saturday and returning on a Tuesday or going on a Wednesday and returning on a Saturday.
- Buy airline tickets midday on Tuesdays – Purchase a domestic ticket on a Tuesday between noon and 3PM. Airlines tend to announce fare sales on Monday nights, and other airlines match those sales on Tuesday morning. This means that by 3PM on the East Coast and 12 noon on the West Coast, the greatest number of sale tickets has hit the airline system.
- Stay over Sunday – Many hotels get Friday and Saturday night bookings from leisure travelers and Monday through Friday traffic from business travelers. This creates a void on Sunday nights which increases your chances of an upgrade. Instead of going for Friday and Saturday nights, book Saturday and Sunday or Sunday and Monday nights.
- Carry credit cards that earn you elite status – Play your travel rewards credit cards right and you will receive special rates and perks. Carry one airline branded card and one hotel branded card that help you attain and maintain elite status and make sure that at least one of those cards charges no foreign purchase fees.
- Book through Wilcox World Travel and an , – Our network sends more travelers to the leading airlines, hotels, rental car companies, cruise lines, Walt Disney Resorts, and Travel Service Representativeall-inclusive resorts around the world, than any other network. This translates to more perks for you the traveler. Perks come in the form of resort credits, complimentary meals, and/or free upgrades.
- Redeem your American Express Mileage Rewards with us – Yes, you can use your American Express Mileage Rewards with us and pay for portions of your travel expenses with those miles. For more details, click here